Fourth Wall

Sunday, April 27, 2008

I wrote a longish blog-post this morning with an involved joke involving my addiction to medical blogs, police codes, leash laws, and the 19 year old emo boys ("The Mini Mariachis") living across the hall. We had been having recycling wars with them of late, as we overheard them telling potential subletters, "yeah, we just put extra stuff in theirs. They never do it to us, so it's okay."

Thus ensued a few weeks of me sneaking out to leave presents of tampon boxes, nylon cases, etc. in their recycling bin. Minor victory was achieved when I heard one say to the other,

"Dude, is that yours?"
"Nah."
"Dude, man, that's totally yours."

ANYWAY, earlier this week I went out to put laundry in the wash and discovered that they had, in fact, piled their recycling bins and a broken desk chair ON TOP of ours in order to create space for moving. Never mind the plenty of other possible places to move your recycling bins... like, oh, inside? One of them caught me, in my PJs, starting to take a picture of it for the blog. Celticist Roommate and Italian History roommate both fled the scene and left me to a) scold him and b) die a thousand deaths.

As of about 5:00 this afternoon, however, the post I was writing is no longer applicable for the last boy has moved out and we now have female subletters across the hall. At about the same time of day they were BLASTING "I Would Do Anything For Love" which, while it always reminds me of how Colin & Nora got engaged, is nevertheless quite distressing.

I will have to leave the roommates to update me on the first week with the new neighbors, however, as I am running away to Chicago and will not be back until May 5th.

Too bad the boys moved out, though. Now what am I going to do with my horde of Tampax boxes?



PS: I woke up yesterday and overheard the two roommates discussing a surprise Toronto Transit strike. "Well, thank goodness I don't need to go to the airport anytime soon," I thought to myself. Then, promptly: "Crap. Chicago." But legislature met on Sunday and ordered them back to work, so it should be fine.

PPS: Happy Easter to those of you on the Orthodox calendar!

5 Comments:

  • You just made me download that song. Its potential as party sing-along is just too great for words.

    By Blogger Patrick, at 2:29 AM  

  • NOT WHEN YOU LIVE NEXT DOOR. They played it for HOURS. HOURS, I tell you.

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 7:16 AM  

  • LOL on the tampax boxes - brilliant!! Bravo!!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 7:49 AM  

  • I agree with Patrick, that song just has a certain je-ne-sais-quoi. Plus, I'm all about blasting party sing-along dittys all afternoon, especially while moving. Have a heart.

    Also, I will be fleeing Chicago at the same time you will be entering it (my brother graduates from college this weekend, very distressing), so I may not have the pleasure of your company or of meeting your young man. Que triste.

    By Blogger Nemo, at 1:17 PM  

  • So the blasting of of sing-along stadium rock ballads is not limited to moving, is it Nemo?
    Alas, I too have had problems with public transit systems going to the airport. Be glad you don't have the threat of the Big Dig falling on you.

    By Blogger Joel L., at 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home