Fourth Wall

Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

Well, my darlings, it seems that my requests to the universe that it postpone Christmas to give me a chance to rest have not been answered. I can tell because of this:


and this:


and this:



and other telltale signs, such as pounds and pounds of butter softening for making cinnamon rolls, and four pounds of live mussels sitting in ice water on the back porch, tempting the kitties.


I have much I want to tell you about, such as High School pride (here manifested as an Urban Blues cookie-- the swirl is a "U") and the spider that has taken residence above the kitchen sink, much to my dismay. However, I also really want to go get a quick nap in before being called to help prepare dinner. So, here's a little Christmas present for you. Merry Christmas, dears, and try to stay awake through midnight mass.


(Gwynn wishes you a Merry Christmas, too.)

2 Comments:

  • well, there's a calendar where christmas isn't for a full two weeks from today

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 10:42 PM  

  • Happy Christmas. I'm sorry you are no longer in Chicago. And not just because your Christmas cookies brought back such vivid, vivid memories of my Grandmother that I could smell the butter cookies -- I want to put the silver dragees at the top of each -- and could taste the date pinwheels.

    Have you heard about the Holy Week retreats at the Sinsinawa Dominican motherhouse? They explore what Piers Plowman has to say about the Passion and Ressurection, and liturgical services, which will then be further explored in the services themselves. The retreat is being lead by a rather spectacular midevilist, Sr. Clemente Davlin.

    By Blogger Aidan, at 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home