Fourth Wall

Friday, December 21, 2007

Damage Control

I do this every time. Panic over papers, put them off and engage in serious avoidance... Which is how I have seventeen pages due tonight (I'm assuming by 5:00 pm PST if in hard copy, but I'm e-mailing it in, so I'm going to hold myself to a draft by dinner time, edit with food in my system, and send it in tonight.)

I'm tired, I'm feeling sick from too much sugar and caffeine, and the conversation that kept me up late last night is distracting me to no end (which pisses me off to no end).

But it's just time to go sit with a pen, paper, and my sources, and say: fuck it all, we're going full speed ahead. I'm too sick of this paper to think about it any longer.

And then I have that whole other paper to write, but let's not think about that for now, shall we?

2 Comments:

  • Oh my...

    You have my sympathies, as always. This semester I was fortunate enough to have my Last Minute Panic some weeks ago instead.

    By Blogger Patrick, at 6:06 PM  

  • Here's to hoping you've somewhat recovered . . .

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home