Fourth Wall

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Arrrgh!

So, I'm applying to six PhD programs. Toronto is still, probably, my first choice although the library system is souring it on me, and three others are really exciting as well. However: I just got an e-mail from one of my Chicago recommenders telling me that she thinks I'd be happiest at either of the two at the bottom of my list. Let general agony and second-guessing of self commence. (Of course, one of them has Marcia Colish as a visiting fellow, and I sort of love her.)

In other news, when things get bad here at the Hobbit Hole on Ross, we watch this video.

And things are rather rough here, as today's conversation about menfolk found me telling a roommate, "well, my pointiest #7 knitting needle is in the knitting basket next to the futon." Plans: Double Pointed Needle in the Spleen. Yes, yes.

I have a complaint to make. This:


Is not a bagel.

What else is up, Chez Hobbit? Knitting:


Misremembering the Pattern, (Oh Pain and Suffering):


Ripping-out and Reknitting:


Knitting Something Else:

... and 45 pages (two papers) due the 21st.

1 Comments:

  • A knitting needle to the spleen! My goodness, how inappropriate . . . knitting needles are better suited to the kidneys, which are far easier to locate.

    As for the knitting, where are you going to put it all?!

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home