Fourth Wall

Monday, September 18, 2006

I Make Appetizers, Even When I Sup Alone...

So I was deep in the middle of "Project Minestrone", which follows the saved-by-bowtie-pasta "Project Sauteed Greens" and the very successful "Project Teach Kathleen To Make Homemade Bread", and precedes "Project Granola" and "Project Use Up Leftover Cabbage From Project Sauteed Greens By Feeding Coleslaw To Tom", and realized that:

1) I still had rounds of leftover baguette in the refrigerator
2) I had Garlic
3) I had Parmesan Cheese
4) I was really hungry

and so decided to make some bruschetta while the minestrone cooked. Somewhere in the middle of grating parmesan into the bowl, I thought to myself "wow, this sounds really familiar". Indeed, I had re-created half of this recipe, from that other blog I'm supposed to have.

All said and done, I have some tomatoes that need to be eaten, so mayhap I shall go whole-hog tomorrow. As it came out today, it was more like "Death by Garlic" bruschetta.

Perhaps I shall likewise feast on the famed Cheesy Tomato Eggs at breakfast tomorrow, although it may be heresy to eat them alone. I must say I love the fact that the recipe directs, "3. Mix in spices, erring on the side of minimalism".

In other news, as you can see, there isn't much to do here right now, except cook, blog, and study for the GRE.

(Oh, and I should note that I still think this is a really good outline. I still say: skip the pizza cutter, get a churchkey.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home