Fourth Wall

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Holy Aberystwyth, Batman...

I almost forgot! My first real linkage, from Wlpan Diary. This is to be contrasted with a certain anonymity-inclined someone who has linked to this blog under the title "Kind've Catholic, At Least Right Now". Which is actually okay, because everyone's favorite Girl in Glasses has him linked as "--- is sometimes an Orthodox Jew."

On that general line, abovementioned Gal in Glasses reports that Hanna Arendt is the Philosopher of the Post-Cute age.* I'm ready to be back in Chicago.**

Oh, and Seamus reports "It was the first time I've ever been early for mass. I felt like a convert."

I've been kicking around the idea of doing a smaller Welsh-language blog, to keep up my practicing. Main problem: Wlpan teaches spoken Welsh, not literary Welsh. And then, none of you all would be able to read it, anyway...

____
* Larry's feces floor-hockey inclined cat Lana, "the vapid paralytic" might be the mascot of the post-cute age.
* *General disclaimer: I don't actually know Rita, and I haven't read Hannah Arendt. The first is rather extraordinary, as 1) we're in the same major, 2) we have, it turns out, actually been in a class together, and 3) everyone I know knows her. As Vee said, "It's the six degrees of Rita K.!" It doesn't matter that I haven't read Hannah Arendt, because I've taken classes with Professor Fasolt, which is almost like reading Hannah Arendt. And by "almost", I mean "not at all."

3 Comments:

  • Dear, Dear QO... WHAT a perfectly lovely notion... LANA as the Post-Cute poster pet!!! (If she dumps over another litter box today she's gonna be San Francisco's first flying cat.) I can just SEE the photo sessions!

    QO's mum references a zoo goat head-butting incident in your past? I nod and cluck with sympathy. Our tale of a zoo goat, perhaps that very one, began with a bit of impish head-butting, but progressed into said goat climbing up onto John's wheelchair (They hoof so nimbly, non?) and attempting to effect Love's Sweet Consumation in plain sight of all those gathered kiddies. (John was flailing his arms, screaming, "he's tring to hump me, he's trying to hump me... make him stop!") The assembled toddlers and their parents had quite the birds-and-bees dinner conversations, one presumes.

    I realize the Bay Area promotes itself as the home of free love, but this was too too.

    your devoted servant

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM  

  • Make that one degree of Rita K. And I have actually met you before, via David, or Carolyn, or maybe someone else Catholic. I also know all your friends, but that's implied in your knowing all of mine, I guess. I don't know what class we took together though.

    Also, the post-cute age is not going to be the filthy, unhygenic age. That's just regressing to the Middle Ages. I'm not exactly sure what's it's going to be, but I'll eventually work out a forward-looking hermeneutics of post-cute. Probably instead of doing my BA.

    By Blogger Miss Self-Important, at 12:19 AM  

  • After I read Rita's "post-cute" rant, I noticed this Bizarro comic.

    Also, I bet that in the post-cute age, there will be no such thing as translucent.

    By Blogger Patrick, at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home