Fourth Wall

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ble mae Alice?

My travel plans appear to be creating some confusion, so I'll lay them out for you all here. I'm leaving tomorrow, with my parents, for Pennsylvania. Grandma's funeral is on Saturday. Sunday, Mom flies home and Dad and I are flying to Chicago, where we're (wait for it) renting a car and driving to Iowa to see his family. I should be back in Chicago (and blogging) on Wednesday or Thursday.

Mom's current project is putting together a collection of photos to be displayed during Saturday's reception. Amongst the many photos she found a V-mail Mother's Day telegram (1944) from my Great Uncle to my Great-Grandmother.

Moving on: I was trying not to blog about either my secret online addiction or the death of the Crocodile Hunter, but what the heck, I'll just cover both at once. Cute Overload's tribute to Steve Irwin

Everyone's all up in arms about this new facebook feed thingamabob, and nobody seems to have mentioned the other change: you can now list your religious views. I've got mixed feelings about that, but it's sparked some interesting conversations, both internal and external.

6 Comments:

  • You can list your religious views. They don't have "Christian - Orthodox" as an option, though they do let you write it in, which I did. I also sent them a suggestion. "There's only 250 million of us, you know..."

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 4:29 PM  

  • And I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. May her memory be eternal.

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 4:29 PM  

  • Thank you.

    At the time of writing this post, I hadn't actually investigated the feature yet, and so was not aware that there was a pull-down menu.

    This opens a whole other set of problems...

    (For the curious: "Pagan" and "Wiccan" are options: "Druid" and "Mithraic" are not)

    (Oh, and I'm commenting from Pittsburg by way of my hotel's free ethernet access.)

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 9:12 PM  

  • no, the best part is they have "Christian - AMISH".

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 10:41 PM  

  • LOL!! They have an Amish category?! That's beautiful. That made my day.

    I kind of like the religious views section. Now, the political ones, like which views and candidates you're supporting, I think may be a little over the top... But I guess politics is like religion for some people. :-/

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 3:12 PM  

  • Glad your dad likes Better than Homework. I've got a new mix waiting for you that I was listening to all summer.

    Now, I gotta czech out this 'Religious views' thing on Facebook, though I think the fact that I'm in a group called "The Episcoposse" should already make things clear.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home