Fourth Wall

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

From the Bangor Library

Well, missed the Cwis at Cwps (sigh). Went there on Saturday, didn't see anyone we knew and clearly didn't have the right "we're interesting Welsh students, speak to us" air. This may be because Erin insisted on sitting in the back. Other than that, Aberystwyth was great fun-- hanging out with Erin, walking, visiting the exhibits at the National Library, and studiously avoiding going to campus. John, of "I work for the EPA as Transportation Bitch # 72" fame, showed up on Sunday, providing much entertainment as usual.

Took the bus up to Bangor yesterday, a lovely ride through the country. The Hotel I'm staying in, however, is full of liars. Their signs profess that they're part of the "Cymraeg yn Gyntaf" program, but this hasn't yet been proven true. And the TV doesn't get S4C.

Well, you know me. Cwino, cwino, cwino. Tomorrow I'm leaving Wales for Birmingham, and I fly home early Thursday morning. I'm missing Chicago (and y'all), but don't want to leave.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home