Fourth Wall

Monday, August 21, 2006

Not getting to Edinburg, and Welsh Filmmakers Killed My Soul...

But life is still good. To Wit: Tomorrow I'm eating supper* with James a cariad James, Kate, internationally acknowledged as the world's sweetest Welsh speaker.**

Furthermore: Have I mentioned recently that Got Medieval? rocks my medieval socks? Read this post. Now.***

And that's not even counting This particular entry on Geoffrey Chaucer Hath A Blogge

And the course is coming to an end, but I'm kinda ready for a real break and a trip through the north ar fy mhen fy hunnan (on my own).

Erin got her stuff from UW Aberystwyth today, which might provide enough of a kick in the ass for me to get on top of things like, oh, rewriting my BA proposal, and looking at Grad Schools, and writing to Professor Ruddall about where on earth one can speak Welsh in Chicago.


_____
* I've been promised Shepherd's Pie and Fruit Crumble.
** By me. Here, I'm an international, remember.
*** And now you know where I got my bad footnoting habit.

6 Comments:

  • i swear that chaucer page is one of the best things on all of the internets.

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 6:11 PM  

  • Welsh might be spoken in Cambria, along Route 1. I know the Welsh were credited with settling it. I heard no Welsh while collecting polished pebbles from the beach but, then, it might have been drowned by the sound of the sea.

    Loved the medieval page and the Chaucer page.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM  

  • Um, did you mean to link a particular "Got Medieval?" post? 'Cos you linked yourself instead.

    If that's what you were intending, then pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

    By Blogger Patrick, at 8:20 PM  

  • Oh, fun with yesterday's "clip-board". Problem solved.

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 2:34 AM  

  • QO:

    The dainty dim one (Lana, most properly ... previously saluted as "the vapid paralytic") asked me to ask you to tell MISS RITA THING that the occasional bout of fecal floor hockey HARDLY warrants suggesting that her enthronement as POST-CUTE AGE MASCOT ushers in an era of the "filthy and unhygenic"!

    She nibbles upon the best of the best, leaving her REMAINS OF THE DAY, as it were, perfectly acceptable for sporting ... and, if truth be told and Elliott had any vote in this, quite edible.

    And now to other concerns.

    You'll be packing your things and winging your way home quite soon. Will you miss the chill? The Pubs? The footy boys with the unfortunate sideburns? Will U of C ever hold the same charm for you now that you've truly felt Celt?

    Tell all.

    as ever...


    Oh... almost forgot... I started my first Tap class last evening! Now see it: 52, arthiritic, effeminate beyond belief... slamming his heels and toes down in any random pattern just to keep time with the music.

    Art and Beauty were not in attendance.

    ...yet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:38 PM  

  • Just wondering how the Shep's Pie and Fruit Crumble din-din went????

    On that note... Elliott was wondering if Shep's Pie is something a deaf Border Collie might find tasty.

    As for yours truly, Fruit Crumble conjurs up review headlines for a drag production of Medea.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home