Fourth Wall

Thursday, September 16, 2004

In-Jokes and The Fifth Amendment

So, I'm back from New York, tired but happy. I had a lovely time.

Dan, at the Museum of Natural History: I always wanted to be a duck-billed platypus.

We verified that they do, in fact, still sell Dan's favorite food group: dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets (grrrr!). Saw Collateral, which I recommend for having an interesting take on the three-act play structure in which screenplays are written (for a perfect example, see Spider-man 2). It was also just fun.

I went to the Cardinal's Mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral, which was very formal and elegant, except for the poor mike's unnerving quality of making the Archbishop sound like Kermit the Frog. The illusion was not helped by the fact that we're in ordinary time.

I saw Katie, which involved too much Aramark too soon, but I liked her friends and I am very proud that we both got out of the shopping trip without buying any shoes. I did buy her an ice cream, but it met a sad end in the warm evening. Her dorm room is small, but comfortable, and I got to appreciate a photograph of Patrick posing with a kung-fu hamster toy. Explanations will be demanded. On the rest of the visit, I am sworn to secrecy. Ha ha ha. Suffice to say, she is quite happy.

Dan and I also had dinner with Miss Pretz, who is just glowing (she's always glowing, really) with excitement over her new job at ABT. Now we all just need to pray that she a) gets health insurance, and b) finds an apartment.

We also watched the pilot of LAX, and the only good part was the dog. It really bothered me that the drunken Serbian pilots spoke only English.

We never did make the macaroni and cheese, though.

Oh, and I got roses yesterday. The occasion? He lost. Ha, ha! Counting? Not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home