Fourth Wall

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Quotes, quotes, quotes!

Long ago I promised Dan to make up a list of the best quotes. I've been procrastinating on it for a while, but here goes. Some are repeats... but worth repeating. In some semblance of chronological order.

Patrick: (to Fr. Yakitis) You could bi-locate!
Anne: Padre Pio did it!

Jared: Eye contact is *so* third base for me!

Jared: And a handshake is scoring...
Sukie: I certainly hope not, Jared, because when I met your parents this afternoon, I shook their hands!

Alison: Isn't a lemma a small, furry mammal?
Josh: I think it is half of a dilemma.

Miklos: You are pessimistic, Josh? Do not be pessimistic.
Josh: Well, there goes my personality.

Alice: I didn't know that puns were a violation of the Geneva convention...
Charlotte: I believe that's item one.

Charlotte: Quiet! I still have many silly points to make!

Alex: I'm not a dork... my parents think I'm cool.

Steph: And Home Plate is scoring.
Ivana: And then what?
Steph: That's it.
Ivana: That's it?
Alice: Well, I don't know what else you have in Macedonia...

Steph: You jousted a building? What did you ride?

Ivana: You attacked Harper Library? You bad man.
James: No, it totally came at me.

Tim H: This school is a chastity belt.

Kateri: It's the annual "Make Fun of Kateri Day," which happens every week.

Arthur: Yes, but in California, "hella" is a word.

Dan: Green Party members are like Democrats with balls... except for the female Green Party members... who are not like Democrats with balls...

Alex: I don't want to say it in the presence of God...
Patrick: (mishearing) I'm not listening.

Steph: No, I mean, kissing guy(s)... not multiple guys at the same time... .that would be efficient!

Dan: Quasi Eureka? Maybe Eureka? I think I've got it... possibly?

Jenny: Aragorn or Legolas?
Sukie: Aragorn. But really Pippin.

Alice: (On Dan's future wife: his job) Yeah, until you walk into your office one morning and step on a drinking glass...

Anne: What would you get as a Christmas present for a 21-year-old Mormon who does Cross Stitch?

Alice: Dan, you are much more datable than a cauliflower.

Alice: I could have sworn I left California...
Miklos: California is everywhere.

Dan: The world does not revolve around you, Alice. About nine inches to your left.

Dan: My ego is doing somersaults and landing on its arthritic little ego knees.

Dan: You are about as helpful as a corpse and far more loquacious.

Dan: The most dangerous thing in the hands of a woman is an Alanis Morissette CD.

Streeter: "So I want you to know that I sypathise with you, needing to come out here at 9:00 in the morning, in the cold, and do philosophy... but I can't promise that it won't kill you."

Jared: You can talk about kissing in the abstract.
Alice: In the abstract?!

Bilal: (In his notes on the surprise birthday party he was throwing for himself) Make sure to only invite attractive people... Make sure I don't find out.

Alice: Oh, I wish I were an Entwife.

Anne: Do you reject the glamour of dating and refuse to be mastered by THAT BOY?

Adam: How would you say 'et cetera' in Latin?

Gazes: You could call it "Problem Set Volume II," with less violence and greater critical acclaim.

Alice: You [and Jared] seem to be getting along.
Patrick: Yes, in Calvinball we made eachother put our pants back on.

Dan: I didn't throw it. I tossed it gently.

Dan: Yes, Alice, I would much rather make out with girls than kick evil supervillan ass.

Dan: 'Fishes'? What the hell is a 'fishes'?

Mom: No, really! I was sitting in my hotel room knitting, watching Eminem!

Patrick: I'd like to request the classic Mexican ballad, "Alex, why aren't you doing your homework?"

Miklos: I have an announcement to make... Rafal is a pussy.

Margaret: Alice, what will you do, five, six years down the line, when you recieve an invitation to my elopement?

Emily: It kinda sucks to be the Germans.
Okay, maybe it alot sucks to be the Germans.

Emily: (In reference to a Chocolate "Power Gel") Eat me, eat me, say that you'll eat me...

Dan: I'd be hitting you with a pillow if you weren't across the continental United States.

Patrick: So if the Mounties have the sexiest uniform... and Russian is the sexiest language... then if the Russians took Canada... (Alice chimes in) they'd be unstoppable!

Alice: Three out of four boys at that table wanted to date me and the fourth would have if he hadn't been so attached to his LSAT prep book!

Alice: I listened to this song (Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn") a lot in February. I called it the Eulalia song.
Patrick: Eulalia?
Alice: A martyr. Was torn with fishhooks.
Patrick: You are such a child of the '90s Catholic Nerd!

Navy Boy: Remember: never attribute to malice what can be attributed to male stupidity.

Did I forget any? Let me know.

4 Comments:

  • Er, I assumed you knew this already, but my "I'm not listening" was completely intentional...

    -Patrick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

  • I didn't know you that well back then. I was so scared of you based on the way you made fun of my annotations.

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 1:29 PM  

  • There's always Bilal on alcohol:
    "Oh, it kind of tastes like burning"

    By Blogger Maureen, at 3:10 PM  

  • Ah, but I wasn't there for that. I just read it on your white board. These are just those quotes I have actually heard.

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home