Fourth Wall

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Saturday Morning

An interesting, if slightly infuriating, article appeared in today's Chronicle about a man who discovered, after eight years, that he is in fact HIV-. Just another demonstration of why our medical system is in trouble- especially the programs that provide for veterans. It's not just here in California, either. My cousin, who is a nurse in Iowa, says that every bed is full in the hospital where she works, and that they need to keep people over night in the emergency room.

Gwynn caught a baby mouse last night, and for all my bragging of not being afraid of them, I did give quite a scream. Of course, I almost stepped on it, so I think it's forgiveable.

Dad's new TV arrives today, to replace the one that he bought almost sixteen years ago (by my rough estimate). He's been doing more research on this than he did for the car. Of course, as Mom pointed out, he spends more time with the TV than with the car.

I had a dream last night that I asked Patrick for Mrs. LaVictoire's salmon recipie, and he said that she wouldn't give it to me because she was so jealous of my Lemon Merengue Pie prowess. At least, I think it was a dream.

Dan, it turns out, is not coming to San Francisco. He needs time to pack and see people and relax before school starts. But I still get to go to New York-- in fact, I leave in about two weeks. It'll be five days, which is longer than any other trip I've taken there. I'm excited, and I do plan on seeing Katie while I'm there.

Rate My Kitten It's better than looking at dresses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home