Fourth Wall

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Three Thoughts

Yes, I'm running a fever. (But all those blood tests they did came back fine.) Yes, KB thinks I'm safely in bed resting. No, I can't sleep.

Those weren't the three thoughts.

1). I've been missing my sewing machine of late, and this store isn't helping. The great deterrent to pursuing my sewing any further has been the hideous prints that prevail at the craft store closest to my sewing machine (The JoAnn's in Daly City, CA)... these prints may inspire me. Or they would, if I had money. Goldfish!

2) Heather, when I'm not sick we should make these mini pies in-a-jar. Somehow they remind me of you. Complicated fiddly desserts = Heather? Perhaps.

3) Celticist Roommate has gone home to study Greek, teach Latin, and decide what to do with her life. I envy her courage to defer her decision for a year, and I already miss her terribly. I was just going through old papers from last term, and found a bunch of old quotes from when we were just getting to know one another. Kels, these are for you:

Michael: Alice, have you heard of Cthulu?
Alice: Yes...
Michael: Have you heard of Fiddler on the Roof?
Kelly: Go on...

Peter: (on The Lion in Winter) It takes place at Christmas... and there's family tension, and backstabbing...
Kelly: I like Christmas! And backstabbing!

Alice: (trying to watch a playoff game on the mlb.com website) Baseball will not be as interesting when androids rule the world.

(As Alice prepares for KB to come over to make pancakes-- an event we now consider the first date-- Kelly pages through her 1960's cookbook, The Vegetarian Epicure. She finds a picture of a man and woman making pancakes.)
Kelly: Look! It's you and Tristan... only you're both better looking.
Alice: I'm so glad I'm better looking than a line drawing from the '60s.

Kelly: (On pick-up lines) "I like that book too... let's make out!"

2 Comments:

  • i like the idea of baking with Alice when she is feeling better.

    Furthermore, i was JUST considering paying a tailor to turn up to pairs of pants... and you sew... would you like to make $15? i would much prefer supporting a CMS student than some random dude with a kiosk on Bay.

    I also think we should go wool shopping.

    I hope you start feeling better soon (oh... and would you consider putting a link to my site on your blogroll? i ask because i make money off of this... not because i feel the need to see my site listed everywhere)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

  • Hope you feel better!!

    That is one tempting fabric store, (as is this one: http://www.fabrics-store.com - whence I ordered all my fabric for all the sewing I've been doing this month)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home