Fourth Wall

Friday, February 01, 2008

From Today's Inbox

Dear all,

The U of T Provost has announced that due to severe weather conditions today the St. George Campus will close at 11:00 am. The Mississauga campus is closed and the Scarborough campus will close at 10:00 am. All classes and on-campus activities have been cancelled on all three campuses.

Hope you get home safely, if you are already on campus.


I keep expecting a Chicago-style "except for you Grad Students who never get time off" or a CMS-style "we will still hold Latin class, come hell or high water... er, snow." But, no. I'm going to make a big pot of coffee and curl up with Wade-Evans's Grammar and F.G. Cowley's "The Monastic Order in South Wales, 1066-1349". Listen to some knitting podcasts, make some Latin vocab cards. Make soup. My only regrets are that the library is closed, so I can't go check out a movie for the evening, and that when I was running errands last night I did not get the one onion I need for the lentil soup. One onion is going to prevent this from being a "stay in your pajamas all day" sort of day.

(I note from facebook that one of the dissertating PhDs is complaining about being kicked out of the library in an hour.)

2 Comments:

  • well, so it goes. one onion can pull you out of hell, but it can also send you out of your pyjamas.

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 10:49 PM  

  • It's one of the little indignities of life, being dragged out in the cold for 37 cents worth of onion.

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home