Fourth Wall

Friday, January 11, 2008

1/11

I've not always been the sarcastic-but-generally-happy medievalist you've come to know and, if not love, tolerate. There were some years back there, before I was an unhappy, stressed-about-college-applications adolescent, when I was a downright annoying preadolescent who was sarcastic about everything and responded to authority with a grumpy "hmph".

So when I saw this picture:


I naturally thought of myself.

So, I dedicate this birthday post to my parents, who never once in the most frustrating of my 23 years left me out to die of exposure (however much they may have pondered it).

5 Comments:

  • happy birthday, kiddo. for some reason babushka cat reminds me of you: http://icanhascheezburger.com/category/babushka/

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 8:20 PM  

  • Happy belated birthday. I'm glad your parents didn't leave you to die in a ditch somewhere, too.

    By Blogger Caelius, at 10:04 AM  

  • Seconding Caelius's happy belated birthday (and some day I will get it together and do that on the right day, or at least be the first one to do it late). Also, I love the cat picture. I think that they should read parents a warning when they have a kid, something like "Within the next 18 years you may experience some difficulties including grumpiness and distaste for you from this being." I'm glad that your parents didn't leave you to die of exposure. Besides, isn't there a strict 10 day limit on deciding to do that after birth?

    By Blogger anna, at 2:36 PM  

  • I thought there was a referendum to extend that in California...

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 3:45 PM  

  • Ah, through our patience we were just investing in our future. We figured that as you read all the time and needed almost no sleep, you would become a physician and support us in our dotage. Happily for all, you dumped that crummy carrer idea of ours.

    It's been a great 23 years.
    Love, Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home