Fourth Wall

Saturday, December 29, 2007

In Which I Fall Into Mad, Mad, Shoe Lust

(and get an early birthday present).

For when you need to feel sexy while producing 18-20 pages on electoral politics in 13/14th century Spanish Jewish Communities...


Yes, I read with my feet up on the desk. Just another way in which I disturb myself by reminding myself of His Haberdashedness.


The shoes model the sock yarn I plan to turn into lacy socks to wear with them:



On a related note:
This is my mother:


She's pretty cool. She taught me how to knit, and how to put a bridle on a horse, and how to make pie crust... all around, a pretty handy person, and most of my friends think she's pretty awesome.

Still, sometimes she even surprises me. Imagine, if you will, the two of us perusing the shoe department at a large chain department store. Mom sees a pair of ballet flats with a little skull and cross bones over the toe, and lifts them up to show me, whilst saying:

"Oohh... pirates. But, I've heard that zombies are the new pirates."

!!!?!!!!?????

Is this what she's getting looking at the pictures in French Vogue while waiting for her Belgian allergist to inject her with allergens?

Finally, for those who didn't believe me:

We have George Washington on our Christmas Tree.


(I'm going to Minneapolis/St. Paul to party with Carolyn & Steph. It is going to be great fun, assuming I finish this paper soon, but I'll be out of communication until January 4th, when I return to Toronto. I'm not going to waste precious Carolyn time blogging.)

1 Comments:

  • I don't really like heels, and even I find those sexy...and not just because they're on your feet...especially, the purple, and how it looks with the brown strap and deep dark brown of the heel.

    I can't believe you just gave me a title. (Smiles...hesitantly...and playfully)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home