Fourth Wall

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

More Language Madness

Last night, I dreamed that 'craic' was actually a Scots Gaelic, not Irish Gaelic, word.

Let me make this clear: I had a dream. About a word. From a Celtic language. I do not know.

In the dream, I was terribly embarrassed about having thought it was Irish and having defined it as such to Podraig.

I'm going to attribute this to Language Madness and lie down with a cold compress to the forehead. Or, you know, brew some coffee and read some Latin. Yeah, Latin.

5 Comments:

  • The hair of the dog that bit you, eh?

    By Blogger Patrick, at 1:32 PM  

  • I sometimes have dreams about German words or people speaking Spanish. It gets fairly nonsensical rather quickly. They're better than dreams about consuming fires, though.

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 1:40 PM  

  • I'm getting a little worried about you. Spend a few minutes before bed doing something else (like reading pop or nonfiction) so that I can stop worrying. Otherwise, I'll have to send you more creatively packaged cookies . . .

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 6:30 PM  

  • I think I had a dream about Old English translating last night too. Weeeird. The academic dreams are going around I suppose...

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 6:31 PM  

  • Vanessa:

    Go ahead, send more creatively-packaged cookies. I dare you.

    Love,
    Alice

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home