Fourth Wall

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

SO CONFUSED

I have a lot of mix CDs... they're leftover party mixes from High School (embarrassing iawn, from friends like Ian ("Better Than Homework, a.k.a "Bad Music for Going A Wife-ing"), or from Patrick, or Veronica, or copies of CDs I gave to Patrick or Veronica. Now, none of them are from the period of non-backed-up music, so that's disappointing. But that's not the point of the post. The point is that I just found a mix CD that I have NO MEMORY of receiving from ANYONE. I was assuming it was from Podraig, because it looked like the same kind of CD... but it has Weezer on it (Patrick listens to Weezer?) as well as Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight," which I believe I told Patrick I hated the *first* time he put it on a CD for me, and "Puff, the Magic Dragon," (!?!) and "Brown Eyed-Girl". I'm many things, but I'm not brown-eyed.

I'm left with several options:

1) Somebody left me the CD and I slipped it into my CD case without ever noticing it/paying attention/listening to it. This is unlikely because there is a heavy romantic tone to the CD and recent beaux have not been of the CD-making or English-music-owning type.

2) Somebody made this CD for a roommate, and I ended up with it accidentally (does Devree have brown eyes? Kathleen? Jas does, but I'm sure Thomas doesn't listen to Weezer).

3) Somebody made me this CD to introduce me to some music I don't know, and the memory thereof has been fried out of my brain by the Chicago heat. (This is unlikely... Neil just passed me his USB key when he wanted to introduce me to Altan and Nickelcreek...and I can't think of anyone else who has tried to improve my musical tastes).

ADDENDA: This has a song from The Little Mermaid on it. I'm thinking Jasmine?

2 Comments:

  • I don't think it's from me. You didn't mention any Ethel Merman, or tunes from Grey Gardens.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

  • I hadn't been a-wifing for months when I made that CD. In fact, I crafted that playlist on Miss Dugan's computer while I should've been writing a paper (thus the name). For going a-wifing, it would be pretty bad, though.

    By Blogger Nemo, at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home