Fourth Wall

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Maybe My Social Life Isn't So Bad...

E.F.M.M made sure that the earrings and I got out last night by taking us to... The Cove. Yes. Sunshine a.k.a. "Andy K." joined us late and we sat around talking about our hidden desire to (if we had not been two historians and a mathematician) be marine biologists. I find it a charming trait that if you get enough alcohol (and the correct company) into Dan (a.k.a. "E.F.M.M"), he starts talking about cute cat stories. Yes.

Also, Dan (there's no point in continuing this charade. You know which one of my Dans is a Marxist who wants to be an Historian of Science when he grows up) wanted to go to the Cove because "it is cheaper and less smokey than Jimmmy's."

There was irony there, didja catch it? Yes, it may well be less smokey than Jimmy's, but I couldn't tell because I was at table with two of the heaviest smokers in the bar.

We drank more beer than I had planned (but Dan was buying), Sunshine walked me home, and I think I've gotten the smoke smell out of my hair. I'm not sure where my purse is, so if that's you buzzing on my cell phone, I'm sorry. I'll try to find it before I leave the house to find a cafe in which I can study Latin.

In other news: Veroniquita, who is in Madrid for a month teaching English, has a travel blog. I'm comforted by the knowledge that 80's fashion is not as rampant in Spain as Voces y Vistas and other language textbooks would have one think.

AS FOR THE SCARF: I'm tearing out some rows because I was trying to knit and read blogs simultaneously yesterday evening, and that failed miserably. Meanwhile I'm drooling over this scarf. Someday, someday.

4 Comments:

  • Pretty scarf!!!! And I'm totally jealous of your social interactions.

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 6:55 AM  

  • May I just say, to live on the Continent is to acclimate oneself to a permanent smoke-smell in your hair?

    Glad to hear you had fun with Mssrs. K. and W. You and J-Land should get together too! :0)

    By Blogger Veroniquita, at 8:10 AM  

  • PS: I'm honored and a lil embarrassed that you've outed me ;0). My blog is not nearly as polished as el tuyo.
    PPS: Your two friends with long V-names "meet" at last!

    By Blogger Veroniquita, at 8:13 AM  

  • "May I just say, to live on the Continent is to acclimate oneself to a permanent smoke-smell in your hair?"

    Oh, yeah, shoulda warned you about that. Sorry.

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home