Fourth Wall

Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Sleepy Post Before Coffee

So, yesterday was Independence Day (I bet you noticed. If you didn't, your dog/cat probably did.) and I celebrated by declaring my independence from all the little to-dos that I had been putting off for the past week or so. I wrote thank-you notes (Heads up to the SF Arts Stitch & Bitch Team) and did laundry and finished my resume. That may or may not have required a little dance at the end of it-- I'm not telling.

So, in the "I'm too stupid to live" category, I was writing thank-you notes and I had a very nice elk postcard (don't ask.) to send to our family friends John and Larry. Now, usually when I send cards to couples, I address it to "Mr. and Mrs. Wilbur McConservativepants" or, you know, "Mr. Joe Liberal and Ms. Lily Sunshine." But I'm not all that accustomed to the other options out there, so (like an idiot) I thought, "oh, I'll just make it plural!" and preceded to write out (follow the brain process here) "M...r...s... John...Killac...crap."

Yeah. So that was the end of the elk postcard.

Also: open letter to bratty Junior High School students at the Med Cafe: Do not, having just crammed your used ice-cream cup into your fathers hand to force him to walk all *twelve feet* to throw it out for you, smirk triumphantly at me. It makes me reevaluate my opinion of spanking small, bratty children in order to prevent them growing up to be like you.

Had dinner with the Newlywed Kathleen & Hays last night. In their great generosity, Hays loaned me their DVDs of House of Cards which, after the first two hours, I highly recommend, and Kathleen loaned me two crochet hooks. She and I are going yarn shopping on Saturday. Fear us.

As for me, I must be out of the library now (no internet in the apartment, again) and off to find some coffee and do some Latin.

7 Comments:

  • Couldn't you have shoved in a "Mr&" in front and saved the card?

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 5:33 PM  

  • If it has MRS on it, John automatically hands it to me.

    The Elk would have been spared.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM  

  • The problem, Mr. Thompson, was coming up with an abbreviation for "Misters."

    I still have the postcard, Larry. It will make an appearance when you least expect it.

    ("I'm not an elk, I'm not an elk!")

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 10:59 PM  

  • maybe resort to another language for something that pluralizes better or write it out long-form?

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 7:34 AM  

  • Mssrs. The standard is to revert, of course, to French.

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 10:36 AM  

  • You mean "Messrs," of course.

    I hope, Alice, that your resume dance doesn't look anything like this.

    Oops, I'm grounded, dang it!

    By Blogger Patrick, at 11:45 AM  

  • Yes, you are, young man. Do YOU need a spanking?

    By Blogger Nemo, at 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home