Fourth Wall

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Things I Did in San Francisco:

(Yes, I'm alive. No, really.)

1. Ignored almost all of my e-mails.

2. Attended a literary reading at a rather...um, obviously lesbian-oriented bookshop in Oakland. Frequent-reader Larry was the star of the show, reading selections from a short-story.

3. Had really good Indian food in Berkeley with Patrick. Wandered around the Berkeley campus and talked about God for a while.

4. Attended a dinner party, thrown simultaneously in honor of my graduation and the Birthday of Larry's...quieter, less flamboyant half.

5. Worked in the garden with my mother. Unfortunately, the cats discovered a nest of baby mice in the neighbor's back yard, and we spent much of the day trying to remove scared mice from our living room (and had one mouse funeral).

6. Was called for Jury Duty.

7. Enjoyed my graduation present of an evening at a fancy Spa, getting a back massage, a manicure/pedicure, and a facial.

8. Went out with Patrick & friends to Dim Sum. Got sunburned walking around the Presidio. The day after my fancy skin treatments. We call this literary technique, "Irony."

9. Finished my application for a Canadian Student Visa

10. Saw "Ocean's 13" with my father.

11. Bought yarn for knitting myself a hat.

1 Comments:

  • I don't recall the Rite of Christian Burial for a Mouse. I suppose St. Gertrud would be invoked somewhere along the way.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home