Fourth Wall

Monday, July 09, 2007

Good News/Bad News

GOOD: I found my BA in my sent e-mail folder.
BAD: I'm not sure, but I think they may have taken the other Alice's laptop as well (I never noticed whether it was there or not, I just noticed an empty keyboard shelf on her desk.)

BAD: I think I have strep throat.
GOOD: I registered for the student health fee today, and they allowed me to make an appointment for an hour from now.

Saturday afternoon post brunch with Pam just generally sucked (excuse me) in every way possible(I was sick, I got take-out and there was chicken in the soup that Ithought was vegetarian, etc.) What saved it was the arrival, through a Netflix trial, of Cars and Winged Migration. I sat on the couch, drank cranberry juice like it was my job, and worked on my knitting while the cats tried to figure out why they couldn't get to the birds on the television screen. Oh, and the Haberdasher'd One called and let me complain.

GOOD NEWS: Theology on Tap at Calvert House had a bunch of my friends there, and a vegetarian option.
BAD NEWS: Let's be honest. The talk sucked. There's only so long you can listen to a Licensed Clinical Social Worker saying things like, "well, as they say, 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus'," and "women are cooperative, men are competitive," and "women are family-oriented, men are self-oriented," before you want to stick your eyes out with the pointy end of a thurible. (I was torn...if I had brought my knitting, I would have been less bored...but I would have been reinforcing his stereotypes.) I sat there thinking, "Oh my gosh, and he's friends with Father Pat... does Father Pat think this way?!"

GOOD NEWS: Kathleen and I went yarn shopping. There's no bad news there.

ADDENDUM: As you may have noticed, this whole Motu Propio business has entirely passed me by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home