Fourth Wall

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I have a project this week. (I mean, aside from the obvious ones of working on my BA and cleaning the apartment.) This project is called "eat things other than pasta."

To that end, I went online yesterday afternoon when I started feeling peckish and discovered a recipe for vegetarian fajitas which was, as Bill would say, "yummers yummington."

"Well," I thought to myself today after I had finished the leftovers for lunch, "that was all well and good, but now what do I do with the rest of these flour tortillas?" I cast my eye over the contents of the refrigerator and thought to myself..."eggs...salsa...sour cream...tortillas...cheese...buy some refried beans, and I'll have huevos rancheros!"

So I have now returned from the 55th street Co-op, where refried beans were purchased. Meal going: according to plan. EXCELLENT.

Also in the "excellent" category: Morningstar Farm's Vegetarian Corn Dogs. I don't actually worry about my protein intake as much as I probably should (I worry more about getting enough vegetables), but Corn Dogs were my favorite junk food as a child, and in High School I discovered the Vegetarian version being sold at the Iowa State Fair. These were something of an indulgent purchase (I try not to buy insta-meals, especially of the fake meat variety), but I did enjoy having one as a late night snack last night.

3 Comments:

  • I've had pasta at least four times since I've been home. What's wrong with pasta! (And no, that wasn't a question.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  

  • The Vapid Paralytic and The Overbitten One salute your protein choices that steer (pardon me) away from the animal kingdom.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:28 AM  

  • most americans get more than enough protein and no matter what lame protestations you come up with that no you're an exception because you only eat celery, soda pop, and olive oil shots or some other such absurdity you're doing fine protein-wise.

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home