Fourth Wall

Friday, March 02, 2007

Good Questions.

...Although one hopes Fr. Orthometer didn't mean to encourage apostasy, but rather the acceptance of church teaching. I may go so far as to say that such an attitude has the opposite effect on me.

Being a good Catholic by definition entails believing all that the Church teaches to be true. Why be a Catholic if you don't believe in what the Church teaches.


A: Because leaving, I fear for my soul. Staying, I fear for my sanity.






ADDENDA: He does continue to amuse me, however. Because it should still be done right. And no, we don't have anything quite that bad in the Calvert House sacristy.
While doing this, I found an artifact of pure liturgical evil. I don't know what it is called. I don't want to know what it is called. All I know is that it was used to inflict folk Masses on innocent people.


YES I SHOULD BE WRITING MY BA THESIS NOT READING CONSERVATIVE CATHOLIC BLOGS I AM HERMITING MYSELF AT JAS' DESK WITH TEA, MY BOOKS, AND ST. NICHOLAS THE MIRACLE WORKER OK BYEBYE.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I just want to register my delight and relief that you have not given up your blog for Lent.

    By Blogger Emily Butler, at 9:32 PM  

  • In a related vein, I've hardly ever been tempted to dissent, only to apostasy. It's quite possible that many conservative Catholics have mindsets like mine- the mindset that it all holds together, and either the Church is what She claims or it's nothing. But not everybody is like I am, and presuming they are is foolish.

    By Blogger Patrick, at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home