Fourth Wall

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I spent six hours working at Calvert today in preparation for the Triduum, and now have a whole new understanding of why Holy Thursday is (in some countries) traditionally celebrated with sangria. It must have been invented by sacristans.

Now I just need to find (a) companion(s) with whom to keep the tradition...

Most stressful moment was returning from Bond to discover that Fr. Peter was hearing confessions in the sacristy. When he had finished, I informed him that in some countries, preventing a sacristan from entering her sacristy during Holy Week is a hanging offense. He acknowledged that it is "almost a mortal sin" and moved upstairs to an empty office.

5 Comments:

  • well, the liturgies have thus far gone very smoothly - excellent work! :) ...except sorry to have been so distracting - lol. Next time, I eat my cheerios before Mass. And drink more water. And bring water.

    On another note, sweet, i can leave official comments now that i have a bloggerblog! ah!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 9:18 PM  

  • Hey, if someone doesn't faint at the service, then it's not really Good Friday, eh? eh?

    Two down... two to go!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 PM  

  • I briefly helped the Flower Guild with the flowers last night. (They needed someone tall ;) Apparently, most of the Flower Guild has spent at least a few years in monastic life.

    The Great Vigil of Easter apparently will involve Powerpoint and liturgical dance. I am much afeared.

    By Blogger Caelius, at 11:53 AM  

  • caelius - careful, or you might get inducted into their ranks!

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 10:03 PM  

  • Vanessa! Bad!

    Stephanie: I knew we couldn't trust you charismatic-types. Getting "slain with the holy spirit" in the middle of the Good Friday service.

    Nick: That's really scary. I'm sorry. We just had "Halle, halle, halle" (with clapping). Apparently my facial expression was... not as stoic as I might have hoped.

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home