Fourth Wall

Saturday, October 22, 2005

No Such Thing As Coincidence

Allow me to enumerate the ways in which the University of Chicago resembles a Jane Austen novel:

Persuasion: has the steps of the Cobb

University of Chicago: has the stairs of Cobb

Pride and Prejudice: One smart, arrogant young man

University of Chicago: Many smart, arrogant young men

Northanger Abbey: Gothic Buildings

University of Chicago: Neo-Gothic Bulidings

It all goes to show that some snowy day I'm going to fall down the stairs in Cobb and end up as screwy as Lucinda Musgrove.

4 Comments:

  • ALICE!

    These dour thoughts are just why you are in dire need of an older sister Jane...

    By Blogger Patrick, at 11:28 AM  

  • Just for the record, you're inviting a certain comment there. I shall make it in person, so you can throw something (probably cold tea) at me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 PM  

  • No, see, I *know* I'm weird. But I'm not as weird as ditzy-flirt-turned-shuddering, shrinking violet Louisa. She's screwy in a completely different, more annoying way.

    (Now, any comments you make about that last sentence would be worthy of tossing cold tea)

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 8:14 AM  

  • Without a better idea who you're talking about, I have no basis for comparison. Now I just need to decide whether or not I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

    That, of course, depends on tea temperature.

    - Dan [Miller]

    Sorry I couldn't stop and talk earlier, I was on my way to class.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home