Fourth Wall

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sometimes you feel like a biohazard...

You know. Those times when your sign of peace is not so much "Peace be with you" as it is "sorry, I'm sick, can't shake hands."

Erin is here! Yesterday was hard on her--she had an intense interview, but was offered a temporary position (with the possibility of it being permanent). She's overwhelmed by the way in which things have landed in her lap--even housing, as Dianna has said that she can stay with us until Christmas.

This is very good for me, as Dianna was having such a hard time leaving Robert behind in San Antonio, she has decided to stay at least another week-- probably two. Having Erin as a housemate will keep me from going completely batty from lonliness. She is also suffering from a bad virus, so we have been sniffling and drinking tea together.

Living with Erin... I can't find a way to describe it. The only person I can compare her to, in her simple dependance on God, is St. Therese. Everything that happens is a reminder of God's grace and Mary's motherly love. She is gracefully inspiring, and a necessary reminder that we depend on God for everything--as He takes care of the lillies and the sparrows, so He will take care of us-- as shown by the way He is currently providing for her.

Midterms have totally snuck up on me. I don't know how they did it, but all of a sudden fourth week is over and I have three midterms next week. I'm enjoying the quarter so much, I want it to slow down.

This weekend's reading: Heloise and Abelard.

1 Comments:

  • I know. Erin's a much better argument for Catholicism than anything I've ever said in a debate.

    Do get better this weekend- it's bad form to take midterms while ill.

    And darn it, you were right about Persuasion, I could have put the book down until I got to the part with the stairs.

    By Blogger Patrick, at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home