Fourth Wall

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I don't have the money to go to New York,

but I'm going anyway.

I'll be out of work for three weeks... Melanie had the gall to go on a vacation (first week) that would cause her back to freeze up (second week) right before my trip to New York (third week). Melanie is fine, but six days of horseback riding has left her in bed, drugged up on pain killers.

The weather has been beautiful, so I've spent most of my time outside in my garden, rather than blogging or writing (my apologies, Vanessa!). I expect normal fog when I return, so I'll get back to business then.

For my reading, I'm taking Endless Feasts: Sixty Years of Writing from Gourmet, edited by Ruth Reichl, Two Gardeners: A Friendship in Letters, Katherine S. White & Elizabeth Lawrence (Emily Herring Wilson, ed), Jamaica Kincaid's My Garden (Book):, and Richardson Wright's The Gardener's Bed-Book. All this and the copy of The Imitation of Christ that I take everywhere. Other than the books, I'm traveling light, leaving as much room as possible for shoes.

Mom and I are both taking notebooks, hoping to get some writing done. I'll see you all on my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home