Fourth Wall

Monday, November 05, 2007

7 Hours

That is how much time I spent translating Latin texts yesterday. Six hours of the Life of St. Macarius, one hour scanning Aragonese/Valencian law codes.

Studying languages with that much diligence rather warps your brain. On Saturday I had the following logical disconnect:

"I want to go to confession. Confession runs for an hour before Mass, and Mass is at 5:00, so confession should be between 3:00 and 4:00."

Catch that? It's just like August in the Llanbed Wlpan: Language Study Induced Insanity.

(As an example of LSII, the following conversation was once held in the Prifysgol Llanbed Refectory:
A: John, I'm terribly jealous, because all I wanted for breakfast was a raspberry yogurt, but they were out when I arrived... and you have two!
J: Wait, I have two yogurts?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home