Fourth Wall

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm on the bandwagon.

By which I mean, the the Hold Steady bandwagon. Last Monday (that is, the twenty-second) was a dark and gloomy day of moping over male cluelessness and being anxious over my Augustine essay, so I decided to indulge and buy myself a CD. Thus, on the recommendation of both D-Robes and Nemo, I purchased "Separation Sunday." I haven't been able to stop listening to it (although I'm not *currently* listening to it... it's late and I have an Augustine essay to write). I made Kolya listen to it on Tuesday night after the CMS pub night, and then I made T. listen to it when he came over Wednesday morning to make pancakes.

As for the male stupidity, well, it turned out to not be quite so stupid. (Some) details on personal application, but remember this is Canada, so you'll need two forms of ID and a recommendation on proper letterhead.

(Oh, and today's lunchtime discussion saw suggestions for Reformation Day party games. My contribution: "Pin-the-Paintbrush-on-the-Iconoclast".)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I just got back from seeing them live, as it happens. And yes, Separation Sunday was the album to get, though they're all very good. I don't know why I like them so much, but I always assumed girls, in general, wouldn't. The concert and your testimonial have corrected me on this. Hoo-ray!

    By Blogger Nemo, at 2:39 AM  

  • Yeah, d--- right, I'll rise again!

    By Blogger Mr. G. Z. T., at 1:38 PM  

  • How does that proper letterhead thing work with electronic forms? Or do people still actually get to use proper paper in Canada?

    By Blogger anna, at 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home