Fourth Wall

Friday, March 23, 2007

More thoughts.

Several of my texts claim that the Welsh church was "conservative."

Allow me to define "conservative." They didn't follow the judgment of the Council of Whitby for 105 years.




What this makes me think: "I hope that I live to see, in 2070-something, who can be stubborn longer: The Welsh, or the post-Vatican II sedevecantists?"


I'm rooting for the Welsh, but then I certainly swing pro-Celtic* and anti-Moonbat.


(Is it a bad sign that I talk about canonical debates that were settled in 663 as if they could be changed with a papal letter? Does that make me, too, a moonbat?)


---
*If there was such a thing. Much of this "primitive Celtic church" nonsense is either:
a) Protestant propaganda
b) Romantic tomfoolery
c) Both.


Hookay, Alice. Time for bed. Too much BA for you.

1 Comments:

  • The best Protestant propaganda is the truth. ;) Then again my pristinist vision of the Ecclesia Anglicana is well after Whitby, so I shouldn't be talking.

    By Blogger Caelius, at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home