Fourth Wall

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Cough, Sniffle, Sneeze

In true Alice fashion, I'm sick during my Christmas break. This sucks, and what follows are the reasons why:

1) My fever-induced dreams never include sugarplums (last night I had one about the dorm that will replace the Shoreland and one about a very illicit mass).

2) The red nose makes me feel like Rudolph.

3) I can't help bake Christmas cookies.

4) No eggnog for the snuffling.

5) Possibility of being too sick to attend John & Joan's Christmas Eve party.

6) Being sick distracts from the all-important task of figuring out what to wear to aforementioned party.

7) Throat's too sore to talk to Patrick on the telephone.

8) Possibility of being too sick to stay awake during Midnight Mass.

9) No walks in the rain with Dad when I'm this sick.

And, most severe...

10) I have Jury Duty next week, so this is the only week I have to go out to tea with Mom, and have Dim Sum, and all sorts of stuff! Whine, whine, whine.

I insist on being better tomorrow. I have to go out to an appointment anyway, and Mom and I planned on having Dim Sum together. I absolutely insist. Do you hear me, immune system?

4 Comments:

  • How in the world did they manage to give you jury duty during Christmas break?

    Hope you feel better soon.

    Paul

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 AM  

  • Luck, I guess. Of course, I am registered in San Francisco, so when else would I be able to go in?

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 2:20 PM  

  • Well that's what I meant. I don't think they'd know that you go to uni in Chicago (could be wrong of course), so how'd they manage to pick that one time of the year when you'd be home?

    Have a nice time at home aside from jury duty.

    Paul

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:33 PM  

  • Feel better.

    - Some random friend you never speak to (who happens to be getting really, really bored at home).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home