Fourth Wall

Monday, March 24, 2008

Orders of Business, II

(Apologies for the editing; I don't know what it does to the RSS feed I didn't know I had.)

1) Carolyn quite astutely points out that I meant May 3rd and 4th, but I take it you all knew what I meant. Thank you for the offers of hospitality (and Aidan: oh, poor Myfanwe!)-- I will, of course, keep you updated.

2) That's it; I'm cutting my hair when the weather gets warmer. Aidan & Heather have convinced me to donate it-- all you had to do is mention children, of course. I was so vain about my long hair as a child. (Goodness only knows why, since I hated to keep it brushed.)

3) KB is disturbed by the number of people who know him only as Kilt Boy and would like to be referred to by his given name of Tristan from now on. I think he was a little worried that people would call him "Kilt Boy" to his face in Chicago, aside from his concerns about false advertising when he is not, in fact, wearing the kilt.

He is scared of meeting people in Chicago, particularly the people at Calvert House. He is afraid Cameron will beat him up. He is also afraid that the Viking will taunt him for being a less manly medievalist.

All of these anxieties, of course, pale before his fear of the possibility of meeting Larry & Co in November.

4) Carolyn wonders if having a cute short haircut would ruin the "trying to fight vanity" aspect of cutting my hair. That's a risk I'm willing to take.

5) My weekend off was lovely, thank you for asking. I did spring cleaning (to The Hold Steady's Separation Sunday, which seemed an appropriate soundtrack), went to church a lot, read for fun, and then tCR and I had people over and we made a delicious Easter dinner accompanied by a Pinot Gris from Alsace:


6) My granddad is getting a pacemaker put in tomorrow. According to Grandma, one of his doctors is "New School" and the other is "Old School". I know it's not strictly slang, but I am a little disturbed by the idea of my grandma using the phrase "Old School".

7) It snowed last night. I am really homesick to be right here:



8) I remain unconvinced in re: my professor's unwillingness to eat me, fried in butter or no.

3 Comments:

  • 7)I had a similar soundtrack. I was kind of excited, as I had of course been unable to listen to the last few tracks for over six weeks.

    3)I fear the damage is done. Perhaps we could shorten it to just "Kilty"?

    By Blogger Nemo, at 10:37 PM  

  • Tristan, it is. No more KB.
    Unless, of course, one is feeling saucy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 PM  

  • fried in butter would be the only way she would eat you... French women only gourmet, and, frankly humans clearly should only be served fried in the best of fats... okay and maybe with some creme anglaise (is there a Welsh cream... maybe with that?)
    The editing did nothing weird to your RSS feed.

    By Blogger heather, at 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home