Fourth Wall

Monday, February 19, 2007

Five Things I Have Tried To Like Because My Friends Do

...and still just don't.

1. dinosaur comics (Although today's does remind me of Mr. Thompson: "A new lunar year, and guess who's still not married?")

2. White Russians

3. The Flaming Lips (Actually, the song of theirs playing on Pandora as I write this is not so annoying, but still... eh. I prefer Broken Social Scene, for reasons unclear even to me.)

4. Great Expectations (Quod Mother: "If you start to like Dickens because of that boy, I will be forever in his debt.")

5. The cookies Andrew brings to Calvert House.

Five Things I Have Discovered Because of My Friends:

1. xkcd

2. Iphigenie en Tauride, the first opera I honestly enjoyed.

3. Dar Williams (okay, so this isn't a recent discovery)

4. Amaretto sour (yummy).

5. The culinary possibilities of mushrooms.



Conclusion: Eh, whatever, I do my own thing. Although I really should try to like Dickens...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • No, Dickens was a dreadful writer.

    (Yes, I know you'll try to like him even more--That's the point!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

  • Modern Flaming Lips is mostly annoying, IMO, too, except for a couple songs. I very much prefer the older stuff, like In a Priest-Driven Ambulance [which you probably haven't heard, though I don't think it'd be your cup of tea, either]. But I really don't dig xkcd: far too emo, though there are occasionally truly great strips ["sudo make me a sandwich.."]. And that's my thoughts on the matter.
    mr thompson
    still not married.
    and can't canonically get married for like a month and a half now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

  • No, see, I know this girl who I think is a ghost....

    But, yeah, I consistantly fail to like Dinosaur Comics, despite liking the humour, the dialogue, repetition, dinosaurs, AND comics.

    Also, alcohol and milk don't belong together, though I do like Great Expectations, in that pleasantly-depressed sort of way.

    Props on xkcd and Dar Williams. Patrick, it is interesting to note, is responsible for getting me hooked on both.

    By Blogger Nemo, at 3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home