Fourth Wall

Saturday, February 24, 2007

The More I Read, The Less I Understand

Yesterday's conversation with the haberdasher'd one turned to a (I think yiddish) phrase which I can no longer remember, and if I could remember it I wouldn't be able to spell it. The gist of it was that you need enough meat on your ass to be able to sit down and get your work done.

That said:

Ways I have procrastinated on my thesis since giving up a certain stupid social website for lent:
1) Messing with the 'logs (look! tags! SWEET!)
2) Reading/Translating Frederico Garcia Lorca.
3) Messing around on Pandora.com
4) Making mix CDs (Dmitri reports that he does this, too.)
5) Perfecting my bibliography.

Seriously. Working on the bibliography to avoid writing the paper is a new depth of procrastination, even for me.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Re: making mixes

    How do you think the Better Than Homework mix came into being? Totally an awesome way to procrastinate.

    By Blogger Nemo, at 11:31 AM  

  • Oh dear. I'm just going to shake my head, because seriously, the bibliography? Couldn't you at least make a dessert or something food-related?

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home