Fourth Wall

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Have a Most Dolorous Lent!

Hmm, so looks like I'm giving up facebook and sweets for Lent. I was thinking of giving up the menfolk, but...yeah no. Beer was also suggested, but it's looking more and more like I'll be in Aber for Spring break (pending finding a couch/floor on which to sleep), and if there's only so many times in my life that I'll have a chance to drink Felinfoel, I'm not giving one of them up.

I'm also not giving up the web-logs. As demonstrated by my miserable failure of a sabbatical, the logs keep me sane. They are my place to vent.

"Logs?" you say. Well, yes. Like Geoff, I have a slightly-more-serious log for writing about... writing. It is very, very new. I needed to do something different.

Today's quote:

Garett: "Isn't that what you do in History, you make things up? I mean, you turn things into dragons, and Neil's writing about giants, and Mordu is writing about Parliaments...all these fictional creatures!"

I'm not actually writing about dragons in any way, shape, or form, but I was amused nonetheless.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Why is everyone giving up Facebook for lent? Is it really that big a part of your life?

    By Blogger Nemo, at 9:41 AM  

  • Yes. It is entirely possible to waste large amounts of time thereon, all whilst being entirely aware that it is just so stupid

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home