Fourth Wall

Monday, January 15, 2007

Let's get this clear.

I was informed by at least one ex that I have objectively bad taste in popular music... at least, according to his taste.* That said, Christmas and my Birthday left me with a great deal to spend in the way of iTunes gift cards, and so I indulged in albums from some of my second-year favorites. Review: Carbon Leaf's 2006 Love, Loss, Hope, Repeat has all the good qualities I liked in Indian Summer and Echo Echo. American Hi-Fi's Hearts on Parade, however, was just disappointing.

Conclusion: I need KFOG.

Second Conclusion: Favorite Song EVER: Guster, "Barrel of a Gun"

Lemma: New Theme Song (via KFOG): The Killers, "When You Were Young"

Second Lemma: New Musical Obsession: Carbon Leaf, "A Girl and Horse" (Isn't that the obvious choice?)


____
*I'm pretty sure alternative/rock/punk is a like ice cream. It's to your taste, or not. It's not Bach**, for crying out loud.
** "If someone says, "I like chocolate ice cream" and you reply, "chocolate ice cream is bad," that's a nonsensical statement. If, however, they say, "This new song by Britney Spears is the best piece of music ever," then you're allowed to say, "well, there's this little piece by Bach I'd like you to listen to."-- Prof. Dan Brudney. I think about this a lot during discussions of liturgical music.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • You liked that Better Than Homework mix an awful lot, so your taste can't be all bad.

    Then again, I'm constantly told by my current (and constant) girlfriend that I have no taste, so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home