Fourth Wall

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Last Week of Break:

6:10 am flight to New York. Used bookstores and pizza with D Robes, Veronica, Greg et al. "Alfred Hitchcock Presents". The Met Costume Institute w/ Vee & Gaby. Vegetarian Chinese, McSorley's Ale House, NJ Diner. Pretz-Reboredo Wedding (!!!) Train to Massachusetts. Vanessa. Sukie's family's New Year's Eve party. Many many members of Tom's family, and home to Chicago.

Some Quotes:

On the Phone:
Samantha, to Veronica: Alice is like, 'I'm Catholic...and I'm bad-ass.' She's Catholic... with a little bit of Jewish.

At the Ceremony:
A: I didn't bring enough tissues.
Margaret: I know. Amanda has a big thing of tissues.
Amanda: I have 45 tissues. We each get nine.

At the Reception:
Margaret: My wedding will be peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on my parent's front lawn.
Alice: This is an improvement. My first year it was, "I'm going to elope. Alice, what would you do if you received an invitation to my elopement?"

At the Lawler's
Sukie: Did you know that in (I forget which language), 'suki' means bazaar? ...Not the adjective, bazaar, like a market.
Alice: Oh. I was going to say...that sounds about right.
Rosie: I knew there was a reason I liked you, Alice.

Alice: What part of [the gingerbread train] did you make, Bridget?
Bridget: The circus car.
Alice: Are those lions in there?
Bridget: They're ligers.
Alice: Even better.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home