Fourth Wall

Monday, October 30, 2006

Shocking Revelation!

I've been getting up early the past few mornings to work on a piece of my BA paper, and I've made the rather shocking discovery that I really like to do my writing assignments in the morning, as opposed to late at night. I'm thinking more clearly.

This discovery has not come early enough to prevent me from staying up all night tonight working on my mid-term paper for Professor Fulton.

I'm not sure where Latin fits into this schema. I'm not sure where Latin fits into any of my schemae, actually.

IN OTHER NEWS: I like a guy who'll help me with my coat.

IN OTHER, LESS OPAQUE NEWS: Found a Fall Formal dress yesterday afternoon on the clearance rack at Marshall Field's (which I refuse to refer to as Macy's). It's a) blue and b) spectacular.

IN OTHER OTHER ALSO NEWS: A certain friend named Dan (and which Dan will be made clear by the context) IMed me last night to ask, "Will you still love me if I become a Marx scholar?"

2 Comments:

  • QO:

    Kudos for your allegiance to the Marshall Field's name!!! (LOVE those Frango Mints...)

    Please post a photo of the fabu blue dress so that all may oooo and aaahh.

    Now, to meatier matters... I ALSO find that the morning is a good time to write. You will undoubtedly be pleased to know we are not alone in this. Many (MANY) authors prefer to do a hefty chunk of their daily prose duty relatively close to their initial wake-up in the old AM. May Sarton suspected that the membrane between the conscious and unconscious is most gossamer then, allowing for a deep reaching/access of accrued and infused (Yes, as in Divine...) wisdom.

    Me meself, I struggle with the groggy tension of knowing I do good work fresh out of bed, and being sleepy, lazy or so damn busy with a husband and deaf, paralytic children that I am already a million miles away from Dawn's Portal by the time I get to my desk.

    Speaking of evening.... we weren't, but let's.

    You missed an especially convivial Stitch and Bitch at your house on Sunday evening. Much hilarity all around... most often at the expense of my crochet project. (And, if truth be told, I am quite awful.) There were moments we were laughing so hard, we could not speak or breathe. (... a moment so many of my teachers prayed for through the years.)

    Since last Saturday was John's first lesson in HOW DO DRIVE A SHETLAND PONY BUGGY, there were many tales to tell those assembled at Chez Hutton. (Just for that one evening, it was STITCH and BITCH and HITCH. And, if we add my ill-fated crochet efforts, it is most properly STITCH and BITCH and HITCH and GLITCH.)

    Everyone asked about you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:00 AM  

  • 1) Dan W. It's pretty funny imagining Dans M. or R. trying to say that line, though. (Hmm. Have you ever called the latter two the Dans macabre? No? It's just me?)

    2) The math, it also likes the morning. Too bad I don't.

    3) This is gonna sound weird no matter how I say it, but: Good for you, Alice.

    By Blogger Patrick, at 12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home