Fourth Wall

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

That's it.

The whole world is on my hate list today.

Except the International Medieval Bibliography. And my new best friend, the space heater.*

Oh, and Garett. Why, you ask?**

Exhibit A:
G: hrmmm, there is a flaw in your plan.
G: which is that the Holy Roman Empire is actually an empire incognito. Its neither holy nor roman nor an empire. You'll have to find it first!
G: (I've heard rumors its behind the couch, so you might want to check there)
A: well, we just moved this couch.***
A: and didn't find the Holy Roman Empire.
G: hmmm it must have moved then.
A: but we were moving it for the sole purpose of me plugging in my laptop.
G: well maybe the HRE decided to take advantage of the situation and now resides inside your laptop
A: that's why it's so spastic!
G: you know what that means! You've probably got Martin Luther stuck in there somewhere
A: no, *that's* why it's so spastic.
G: precisely! Your computer must have a bad case of protestantism.
G: indeed.
A: I'll have to get it to the Jesuits.

IN OTHER NEWS: I'm bribing myself. I've promised myself a present if I keep on top of all my work this week (that is, from Tuesday night-Tuesday day). Don't know what it'll be, yet, but something interesting, I'm sure.

____
*I shall call him...Larry. Larry the space heater. For St. Laurence.
** I was going to say "because he'll play pretend with me," but that sounded wrong.
*** This was true. Carolyn and I had just moved the couch six inches to the left in order to accommodate my power cord.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Shwd mae Alice, sut wyt ti? Sut mae pethau'n mynd dros y pwll? Dan ni'n ol ym mhrifysgol nawr ac i ddweud y gwir dwi'n gwneud gradd Gymraeg eleni, nid Astudiaethau Celtaidd (blydy Llambed yn dwyn y credidau!) Mae Kate yn dysgu Gwyddeleg!! Mae hi'n hollol, hollol cwl. Mae hi'n anfon ei chariad atat ti, ac dan ni'n ysgrifennu nawr achos dan ni'n mynd i dwmpath ym Machynlleth ac roeddwn ni'n meddwl amdanot ti. Anfona i ebost atat ti yn fuan, a Kate hefyd, ond dweudodd hi bod hi'n useless gyda chyfrifiaduron. Dan ni wedi bod yn darllen dy flog eto, a methu ti llawer.
    Llawer o gariad
    James a Kate

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM  

  • QO:

    I am thrilled to FINALLY share appellation with something of noble purpose... and so at odds with mine own nature. (As you know unwisely but too well, I cast a chill whenever present.)

    CPofVP

    (Cooling Parent of the Vapid Paralytic)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home