Fourth Wall

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Judges Have Conferred, And...

Everyone's a Winner! in the "Most Embarassing CD" Contest.

The prize for "Most Obscure Submission" goes to...
Steph!

The prize for "One-Hit Wonder" goes to...
Patrick!

The prize for "Picking a CD that the judge had in her collection" goes to...
Veroniquita! (And yes, dear, in answer to your question. I also had her first two CDs (and you can watch her descent to tart-hood in the cover art) and would tell you about the outfit I used to dress up in in order to sing/dance along, but this is a public forum and I want to be able to get a date again someday.)

And the grand prize goes to...
Caelius, for the "Dawson's Creek" CD! He also gets extra-special recognition for making (Darjeeling) tea come out of my nose with his very-special translation for the last post.

Unfortunately, one contestant was disqualified for trying to bribe the judges with sexy models, such as in the following submission...



I'm Moving to Canada!

We fly out to Chicago tomorrow, and we're going to be leaving Chicago mid-day Friday. Chicago plans include introducing my parents to Fado and perhaps a museum trip or two.

What *does* she think of that boy?

The Viking and I went out to dinner with our BA advisor before I left Chicago a few weeks ago, and as our food arrived I started to tell Neil a story which ended with meeting a girl who was working in a yarn shop, who happens to have gone to school with one of his roommates.

"I'm afraid this won't be of much interest to Professor Fulton," I said. "But I was in a yarn shop..."

"Hey!" said Prof. Fulton, "I knit! Its' what got me through graduate school.*"

So, the question that's keeping me up nights is... did she think that Neil was going to care about the yarn?

Speaking of Yarn...

I finished that hat...

Which, of course, necessitated taking the hat outside, posing it on the pedestal of the birdbath-in-two-pieces, and taking photos. Because if you're going to be bats, you might as well go at it full force.

Can You Find the Cat in this Picture?

Look for the ear.

Watch upcoming posts (when I can find hotel internet and I'm not so tired I'm spelling everything phonetically and my wrists feel like they're going to fall off) on such topics as my exciting weekend and why I'm too stupid for technology.

---
*That, and the postcard of Eeyore that she keeps over her desk that says, "This writing stuff, pencils and whatnot...overrated, if you ask me."

2 Comments:

  • How could you NOT have posted that most blatant bit of bribery - BETTE DAVIS EYES???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:52 AM  

  • good luck on the packing, moving, and unpacking!

    By Blogger Vanessa, at 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home