Fourth Wall

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Reflections and Observations

Some observations from the last post:

I spend a lot of time thinking/talking about Peter Abelard. This may be a sign that I should consider using him on my BA paper.

That would involve locating the combination to my Reg locker in order to re-read the book.

I also spend a lot of time talking about boys, but I was already aware of that. Stupid boys.

Some quotes from the recent events:

V (while Alice is complaining about Latin): That's not STUPID! That's HORACE!

V (Leaving the Calvert Chapel): Has that always been there?
A: Umm... yeah.
V: Oh. Hi, holy water... my name is Veronica.

A: After the recent Romance of the Rose reading, I don't want to think about sticks, or staffs, or canes... or umbrellas...

Rober: (dreamily) So many missals... I could take the baseball team to mass!

Matt: (Watching Pirates. Audio system is making the desk shake.) Hey Tom, they're shooting at your garbage can.

Tom: It's a little loud.
Matt: What are they going to do? Call the RA? *

And one event I left out was Worthen's attempt ** to find me a boyfriend. (Names removed to protect the innocent.)

W: There. His name is Dan. It's kismet.

A: Do you take objection because his name isn't Dan?
W: I take objection because he's a weirdo.

A: He's thinking of being a priest.
W: Where do you find these people?
A: Calvert House.
W: No, I mean, where do they come from?
A: Miami.

I'm pretty sure Tom had a few funny lines in the past week, but I can't remember them.

* I suppose this joke is only funny if you know that Tom is the RA.
** a rather pitiful attempt, at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home