Fourth Wall

Monday, March 08, 2004

Random Things I Learned at the Lesson Mass

Liturgical candles must be at least 51% beeswax.

The phrase "hocus pocus" comes from a protestant interpretation of the latin words of institution... "this is my body...". I am sure that someone who is an even greater nerd than I (Nick H...) knows the Latin.

The things in the Cathedral that I thought looked like confessionals with strange chalice artwork on them actually contain fifty-gallon vats of holy oil. They look like confessionals because they used to be... confessionals!

The hosts we use at Calvert are made by Benedictine nuns in Missouri.

Best slip ever...

Fr. Mike: "In an orthodox service, the priest would have gone behind the iconoclast..."

There were others which I am sure I will be remembering as time goes on.

My father wants to know what I want as a confirmation gift. Ummm... I finally get to kiss the man I love, isn't that good enough?

I told my mother about Patrick, and explained that, despite the use of the phrase "dating" to simplify the situation, we are actually not dating. Really!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home