Fourth Wall

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The previous post has been removed...

because I remembered that the conversation never really occured. It was a note for a one-act. Nevertheless, Geoff, you made my day.

Other News of the Furry

Please take a close look at the below photo. It was taken in the alley behind my apartment, and you should see near the center one of the famed Hyde Park feral parrots.



The more observant among you who recieved gift subscriptions to various children's nature magazines in your youth may think to yourselves, "that doesn't look much like a bird's nest."

Well, it isn't. At least, part of it isn't. That nest is a duplex. It turns out that a family of squirrels lives downstairs, and the parrots nest upstairs.

As someone (yeah, I really can't remember who) said, "you could write a sitcom about that."

In the proverbial* other news...

I miss Carolyn Veronicaque.

"We just sit around criticizing ourselves... and when we get bored we start criticizing other people."
"That's not true! Sometimes we talk about how great we are."

"I'm going to mass tomorrow. That way if the plane crashes, I won't die without having done my little part to keep it in the air."
"Are you a nervous flier?"
"I'm a nervous everything."

EDIT: et Stephanie.

Oh, y los que quieren postcards had better get me their addresses soon.

_______________
*I worked for a woman for two summers who repeatedly misused the word "proverbial." 'Twas amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home