Fourth Wall

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It is so very the Ides of March

I don't know about you, but I have two papers that I'd like to get written tonight.

The good news is that the Campus Computer Store recovered the files from Veronica's hard drive.

The bad news is that her hard drive died this morning, and she has four papers to write.

Three of the most intimidating people I know have birthdays today.

Quotes:

V: (after an emergency stain-removal soak of a brand-new blouse) What does one *do* with something this wet?
A: Wring it out?
V: I don't want to wring it out! Then it gets all wringed..wrung... wrought.

A: I know what *I* would have done if my hard drive had crashed when I'd had no sleep...My laptop is small, and aerodynamic.

V: No, they definitely inserted an extra midget into the conversation.

A: Well, since I've been "of age", I've had two beers, two glasses of wine, and a gin & tonic.
J: That averages out to a glass of wine. With a standard dev of one beer.

A: (Recounting above conversation to Tom) Then I called him a dork, which was cathartic.


Think I'm procrastinating yet?

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, I'm pretty sure I get Times New Roman. Gosh!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM  

  • Yeah, it's just not the same without "American Typewriter", is it? ; )

    Palatino is the second option, though.

    By Blogger Alice Teresa, at 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home