Fourth Wall

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Grand Re-Opening

Hello Everyone! I really am breaking the fourth wall this time, I suppose, but here goes:

This is the new home of my blog, journal, telenovela... whatever you want to call it. I have moved it for several reasons: I was bored of the old format's considerable limitations, and, well, wanted something that seemed a little less juvenile.

Many of the posts from the old blog are here; some are not. The squirrel rant is gone, and so is the result of the pope quiz. I did a great deal of thinking about whether or not to leave in the very first journal entries, from when I was dating Jared. I didn't want to leave some of the non-romantic writing out, and so I considered censoring them - but when listening to me read my writing, Dan has always (rather emphatically) stated, "don't edit," so I thought that I just might take his advice for once. They are there, in their entirety and glory.

I would like this blog to move on from my interpretations of my emotions, to what I observe around me. If I get particularly courageous, I might even opine on one or two topics (I hate debating).

Quotes, will, as before, take center stage; perhaps even more than before. I write plays, and so I think in dialogue- and sometimes life sends one-liners that I just wish I could have written.

There are some topics that I won't touch. I don't know enough to say anything productive about large-scale politics . A true San Franciscan, my politics are grass-roots to the bone. (Joke about bone meal fertilizing grass roots is left as an exercise to the reader.) And Life Teen... well, you know you're a Catholic Nerd when the only major argument you have ever had with your boyfriend was about Life Teen.

That is all that I have to say. I present you with my new blog: Fourth Wall.