Fourth Wall

Saturday, May 29, 2004

My Thoughts Exactly:

Philosophers Answer the Age-Old Question: Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

KANT: The fundamental principles of the aforesaid such and such, with respect to without qualification in the sense, of the antinomy of pure reason that a priori categorical imperative, require logical reasoning or rational beings, to the aforesaid end of thusly importance aforesaid in addition, hypothetical imperative proof of assumption moral principles, that is of reason derived from (I will not take time to illustrate such obvious examples) in the event that the will of good will good in of which is.


Just got off the phone with my mother, who is back from London. She's enjoying screwing with my mind these days; apparently, the hotel had free video rental, and so she took the opportunity to see a movie that my father has no interest in: 8-Mile.

"No, really! I was sitting in my hotel room knitting, watching Eminem!"

Apparently Anna, the girl I nannied, has developed a fascination with him. His claims about his mother and her poor care for him resonate with her pre-foster care memories. She went and saw her mother a little while ago, and it really struck her how sad it is that her little brothers are so poorly cared for, and that her mother still believes that her father is coming home.

Not long after that, Susan took Anna to a farmer's market in San Rafael, and turned around to see Anna crying. Anna was watching her father, who was there with a 15-year-old girl. Yes, that sort of "with." Anna went up to him and gave him a piece of her mind. Incredible for a thirteen year old.

In other news, last night Dan and I watched Gladiator. Emily was there for the first few scenes.

Emily: "It kinda sucks to be the Germans. (Short time passes) Okay, maybe it a lot sucks to be the Germans."

Dan: "I had a friend who called this 'Robin Hood, Men in Togas.'"

My mother says that Russell Crowe is quite the knitter. I tried really hard not to make any puns about Crowe-neck sweaters.

Went to the Aquarium today. I love the Belugas. Dan was dismayed by the museum's grammar.

"'Fishes'? What the hell is a 'fishes'?"

And my father wants to see Day After Tomorrrow. I told him I would have no part in it.

1 Comments:

  • Dude!! I wrote that one, the Kant one! This is so weird, considering I wrote it a year and a half before I even met you!!! (even with the trinity connections) Surreal!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home