Fourth Wall

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Note(s) from the Web

In my day, I have made many jokes about the International Woman's Listhost... a world-wide network where women exchange information about how to confuse, torment, and control the opposite sex... and about its potential for warning women off of guys who are cruel, thoughtless, or who just have really bad ideas about baby names (Holofernes, anyone)?

Little did I know it could actually exist. I present you with: Great Boyfriends: Where Every Guy Comes With a Girl's Stamp of Approval". I can't provide you with any more in-depth thoughts, I'm afraid: I didn't want to sign up. I will say that it's too bad that this guy is a decade too old and a smoker: otherwise he'd be the perfect back-up plan if I get dumped this Sunday (don't ask). He's even Catholic!

In other news, as I catch up on blogs, it appears that Mr. Thompson becomes a velociraptor whilst giving presentations. Ian is AWOL, Heavens and Vanessa have each moved to their respective coasts, and online quizzes confirm that Fr. Keyes is, in fact, a Catholic. Patrick returns from his L. family reunion tonight, after this morning's baptism of his newest (and quite adorable) cousin, Mary Rose. You can read all about it in my new, snazzy, updated links, to your left...no, right.

I'm trying this Weight Watchers Online thing again, and Mom and I are making taking Pilates a priority. With any luck and determination, I should be able to dump this freshman 15... and if I'm really lucky, also shed the ten pounds I got when I quit dancing Sophomore year...although I'd settle for losing the 15, and turning the rest of it into muscle weight. It's hard, because I hated my body even when I weighed 120...but you have to stop somewhere. If I have wide hips, I have wide hips. I'll be thankful for them someday. Goal: to fit into my favorite skirt again. And my Sophomore-year prom dress.

(In slightly related news, my pregnant cousin Jenny (due in two weeks) has announced, on the aquarium theory, that she is buying no more bras...she's decided that it's like a fishtank:the larger it is, the more they'll grow to take it up. Her baby hasn't turned yet, so they've scheduled a C-section, just in case. Pray for her.)

2 Comments:

  • Then again. I'm a Roman Catholic according to some online quizzes.

    By Blogger Caelius, at 12:06 PM  

  • If you ever need an ear to listen about the worries of your love life (or other various areas of your life, since that one seemed to be the most obviously referenced), I'm only a phone call away. I hope you're doing well, and do come visit one of these days. (you can meet the kitties!)

    -Vanessa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home